The worst night...visibility night...

February 7th-

So tonight was absolutely an experience for the books. We were asked to do visibility for the democratic debate which of course we said yes thinking we would only be there for a couple of hours.. little did we know it would unfortunately turn into about 5 hours. The weather was literally freezing with sleet pouring down. I was not mentally or physically prepared for that. I had a fabric coat and red leather gloves on. As the rain is coming down it is going through my fabric jacket onto my body...I honestly thought after about one hour I would have some form of frost bite. I am not happy about the cold one bit. As I am holding the huge Biden sign, I notice red dropping down the sign...its my red gloves that are dripping the red color from the cold and the rain. Now the sign looks like there is blood on it so I was not too happy about that either. Then after about 3 hours in this cold our driver comes back and I am thinking finally we get to leave and go back to the warm office. She pulls up and says "sorry I am not picking you up yet, there has been a delay with the next round of volunteers, but I brought hot chocolate" You should have seen my face, pure disappointment and a splash of anger. I am thinking to myself you seriously brought us hot chocolate as if I want to take off my gloves so I can freeze even more?? I lasted a few more hours, after my emotional breakdowns from crying to laughing about it we were finally picked up! Happiest moment of my life when I got into the warm car. Fair to say I will not be doing that again in the cold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2nd Pizza Dinner

February 3rd First day as an intern!