Birthday lunch

February 7th-

Before even coming to New Hampshire I started researching Greek restaurants to eat at since I knew New Hampshire has a big Greek community and I found this place called the Gyro Spot in Manchester which serves AUTHENTIC greek gyros. I cannot express how excited this made me. I have not had a truly authentic gyro in about 6 years! so sad. So today Manuel, Ireland and I went to the gyro spot to finally get that gyro I have been craving for 6 years. Just walking up inside the building I instantly was overcame with emotions of pure happiness, the smells, the greek writing all of it was part of the experience. We all ordered the authentic pork gyros, loukoumades which is fried dough with honey syrup and cinnamon and sat down to enjoy our much needed lunch break. After so many years of not having luck to eat a truly authentic gyro, my standards were high.....but let me tell you it was absolutely phenomenal! The first bite I took took me back home to Greece eating gyros with my family out in the town. This was the best birthday meal I have had in a while and I am so thankful for my amazing friends for being a part of it and continuing to make the rest of my birthday an amazing one!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2nd Pizza Dinner

T-minus 1 day till New Hampshire!