February 3rd First day as an intern!

Very first day waking up to be driven to our internship placements. I was so excited walking up to the front office and knocking on the door, it felt like a whole new experience was just about to begin. We were introduced by the Biden campaign supervisor Milton and then met the rest of the team, Tiffany, Sal, and Carrie. The first thing I noticed at the office was a cardboard cutout of Biden which excited all of us so of course we took tons of pictures! They had Joe written out of balloons above the stage in the office and decorations throughout the building. It was one of the biggest field offices I have seen and extremely well decorated!

Once our excitement subsided and we stopped taking an insane amount of pictures, we were given our first assignments, canvasing! usually I would be more excited about canvasing but it was about 30 degrees out and I do not deal well with the cold. We were driven to a neighborhood in Manch which while walking around with Ireland for a few minutes we realized it was not a great place. We kept going nag knocking on doors which was exciting every time we got someone to actually answer the door. I walked up to a house where this lovely lady opened up and said how much she appreciates all the hard work we do and to keep it up. It was extremely nice to hear such kindness from others. Going about the rest of the day, it was windy and I was holing my walk packet and we come to an intersection where a gust of wind just blows my papers off my clipboard so I had to run around the intersection to pick up my papers... that was an experience within itself. I have to admit though, the people in their cars were extremely nice and did not run me over! The first day was eventful to say the least! We then went back to the office had some more pizza and mingled with our team and got to know them better! 

We got picked up and as a class we went to a restaurant called Margaritas to watch the Iowa results come in and shared our first day experiences! Since we had such an interesting first day we thought we deserved a margarita so that is indeed what we did. Funny enough there were not any Iowa results but either way we had an amazing time chatting, eating and distressing after a long day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2nd Pizza Dinner

Countdown To New Hampshire!